- Short on Time by William Sterrett
This is an ARIAS book published by ASCD. It is a great, quick read for administrators struggling with making time to lead and learn as a principal. Topics explored include: managing priorities, maximizing learning, collaborating growth and making time.
Order the book here: http://shop.ascd.org/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=108992547&Short-on-Time:-How-do-I-make-time-to-lead-and-learn-as-a-principal?-(ASCD-Arias)
- Quiet Leadership by David Rock
- Engaging Minds in the Classroom: The Surprising Power of Joy by Michael F. Opitz and Michael P. Ford
Four easy to read chapters about making students joyful at school. Joyful learners are engaged learners! There is also a webinar archived on ASCD that is a companion to this book. I truly love ASCD and all it offers for it's membership dollars.
- The Power of a Teacher: Restoring Hope and Well-Being to Change Lives by Dr. Adam L. Saenz
Teachers have a very difficult job and it is easy to let your personal well-being fall on the down slope. Dr. Saenz offers powerful testimony about the effect a teacher can have and how important it is to maintain yourself to be the best for your children. He highlights areas that contribute to your well-being, gives an assessment tool AND a tool to help you improve your self. It's a great resource to have on hand for teachers that come forward with symptoms of burnout.
- Reading in the Wild: The Book Whisperer's Keys to Cultivating Lifelong Reading Habits by Donalyn Miller with Susan Kelly